This weekend, with a fresh pile of summer reading essays in hand, I began the process of setting up my students' digital writing folders.
First, I started with a Google Spreadsheet formatted of a rubric I use.
Then, I clicked 'File' --> 'Make a Copy' and titled the new copy Last, First : Period : Rubrics
Example: Kennett, Katrina : A : Rubrics
Yes, this requires making a copy for each of your students. But, now, through the year I will have the ability to grade within a master rubric and then 'push' the graded sheet to that student's spreadsheet. (Screencast coming soon)
- time consuming at this point in the year
- you can share the document with students with varying levels of editing permissions
- you can share / publish specific rubrics to parents, special ed, etc
- you can provide links to rubrics in emails
- you can lock specific spreadsheets if you don't want